BRIAN & JILL : THE MUSICAL

Play

Today is a musical extravaganza… oh and we talk sports with Todd Donoho too. Jill tells us all about the play she just saw, The Book Of Mormon and she gives Brian some Chuck E Cheese sausage pizza. He is happy.

Brian goes through the newly announced Best of Bond Theme songs… singing and dancing commence. See if you can guess the top 3 on the list. Then we jump into a story about how hard it is to say you’re sorry and some strategies to make it easier.. we also play some more music and sing again.

After all the press coverage last week, Jon Hamm’s penis calls in to talk about his new found fame and how he likes to handle it. We check in with the rest of the news and talk about Tom Jones… and sing and dance some more.

The great Todd Donoho calls in and talks a little football with us and then we hit a little No Apparent Reason and wrap the show!

Follow Brian on Twitter @BrianWPhelps

Follow Jill on Twitter  @WhelanJill

Show Links

HOMEWORK  EXTENSION : SO, THAT HAPPENED

A new ongoing segment, “So, That Happened” is introduced where we share photos of odd events that happened and we ask the listeners to submit  their own “So That Happened” entries to our Facebook page and or via email to BJShow@BrianAndJillShow.com.

IMAGE GALLERY

Video

TOM JONES SHOW

TOM JONES: SEX BOMB

TOM JONES : IF I ONLY KNEW

Tags: , ,

Subscribe to the newsletter to get each episode delivered right to your mail box, all FREE!

21 Responses to “BRIAN & JILL : THE MUSICAL”

1. Sal
    October 9, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

The Bond songs were awesome. I, too, love the Bond franchise. I totally get what you mean about the songs and how they could played to a stripper dancing. The only thing I would change is that it is not so much “stripping” that they would be good for, but more of a “burlesque” style thing. In my opinion, that would be so much hotter than just some chick on stage taking her clothes off. I mean a full on show. Whatever happened to that sort of thing?

This was the best show so far. Can’t wait to hear the rest!

2. Sal
    October 9, 2012 at 1:44 pm #

Brian and Jill,

Let me just say…YES!!!!!!!! I am so happy! I knew you guys were going to be doing a podcast, but I couldn’t find it. Finally, a friend hooked me up to the address and now, you can’t get rid of me. I have been catching up and Brian, you are still your comically brilliant self. Jill, because I have pretty much listened to the shows back to back to back, until I caught up, I got the chance to hear you go from what I assume was “very nervous” to “comfortably at home”. I love that there is no FCC conspiriing against the comedy and the flubs. Not to get negative, but a quick “What the hell” about KLOS. They had posts about Mark and Lynda’s podcast, but I saw nothing about the Brian and Jill podcast. Screw KLOS. Enough of that. I am just so glad I found you guys and just know that a long time M&B listener is extremely happy with the new B&J show. Finally, the funny is back in my day!

3. Curt
    September 26, 2012 at 8:10 pm #

Great show! Loved the Bond theme songs. It seems that you two keep coming up with stuff that is funny and entertaining — to virtually all ages. Brian, we are similar in age, so your comments about growing up often resonate with my memories. Your discussion of Bond movie intros was perfect and took me back to a great time! Thank you! x100 !

4. Mrs. Meow
    September 22, 2012 at 6:09 pm #

Hi Brian and Jill!
    It was great to hear Todd again. I am wondering if you will be able to get Sal Cirrincione to join you once in a while too. I really miss his rock news. I am so very happy that you guys are playing “For No Apperant Reason”!!!!!!! It is my favorite game in the whole world! Thanks!!!
    My other favorite game is Match Game. Any way I love you guys and it is awesome to hear you again Brian!!!

5. Steve
    September 19, 2012 at 10:53 pm #

All great comments. Brian seems like a new man. The combination with the two of you is really working. I just need me a little Debbie, the volleyball player, not the snack food.

6. September 19, 2012 at 12:26 pm #

Brian and Jill, and your new extended family, I love your show. I am so glad your were brave enough not to continue on KLOS. This is so much better and upbeat. I had to share Brians bathroom incident with my husband while he was driving home from work. I don’t think I have witness his total unleased laughter in a while. Thank you.

I have tried to get into your counter-parks blog with Mark and Linda but it is not fun, and just a lot of not funny entertainment. What happened there? Anyway, I am signing up on Amazon today. In addition, I am sending your blog to all of my e-mail contacts and encouraging everyone on my FB to check you out.

Wishing you each bountiful Blessings with the success of your show.

Anne Jones

7. byray1
    September 19, 2012 at 11:15 am #

So glad to hear Brian and Todd talking sports. After listening to these two talk shop for so long now, its like comfort food for my ears to hear it again fresh and new!

And it gives Jill time to go have a pee or something!

Keep up the good work! LOVING it so far!

8. September 18, 2012 at 9:30 pm #

Great Show today! So good to hear both Preva and Todd D.!!!

Seems like the show is jellin a little more everyday…keep it up, B & J.

Oh, and perhaps you could crank up the sound on Kathy’s mic just a notch; she comes over as very faint on the radio.

Dmitri

9. Kelli
    September 18, 2012 at 7:57 pm #

Great show! Loved it all and will definitely keep listening. Brian, as an original 25 year KLOS listener, it makes me smile to hear how sincerely happy you sound at what you are now doing. I will cherish the years and memories of listening to you and Mark, but I sure am enjoying your new chapter. Cheers! Oh and Jill, not like you are chopped liver or anything…you compliment Brian so well! I am enjoying getting to know you and look forward to your future pods. Pods, it that a word? :)

10. Larry
    September 18, 2012 at 7:56 pm #

Todd Frikken Cornelius Donoho!

Brought to you by the wonderful folks at Frontier Toyota.
    Ask Joe Caso for the Donoho Deal!

:P

11. Gary Barron
    September 18, 2012 at 5:56 pm #

Brian & Jill, Keep it Comin’

12. Big John
    September 18, 2012 at 3:59 pm #

Guys…That cann’t be Todd, there’s not a Budweiser on his desk!!! : )

• james
      September 18, 2012 at 4:21 pm #

todd does not drink bud he drinks anything cold and on sale. hope todd is a regular.

13. Becky
    September 18, 2012 at 2:33 pm #

LOVED hearing from Todd!

14. WebPixie
    September 18, 2012 at 12:22 pm #

Seems the show should be called the Brian, Jill and Kathy show.

15. Susan
    September 18, 2012 at 11:56 am #

Hi:

I think the shows are getting better. Brian and Jill are great together. My only suggestion and I can’t believe I am saying this, but you need just a little more testosterone injected into the show. What I mean is more male contribution.

16. Packers Karen
    September 18, 2012 at 9:14 am #

Jill – I saw The Book of Mormon in NYC – and I agree that it’s hysertical! I highly recommend it to an adult audience!!

Brian – It’s a “must see” – you’ll love it.

Luv you both also,
    Packers Karen

17. Judy
    September 18, 2012 at 8:17 am #

Love your humor, look forward to the new show everyday! Listened to Heidi and Frank while driving yesterday OMG I wanted to drive my car in the path of a speeding train. No more KLOS for me . Thank you Brian you have made my mornings complete again.

18. Dennis N.
    September 18, 2012 at 7:42 am #

Oh! One more thing. It was great to hear Todd again! Hope it works out that you guys can keep inviting him and other old family members to the new show!

19. Dennis N.
    September 18, 2012 at 7:28 am #

Hi guys. I’m loving the podcast so far and looking forward to the new one each day! I hadn’t caught Jill enough on the old show to know what to expect, but I’m really enjoying it. Wishing you all success and continued enjoyment for as long as you want to play in this playground!

You guys did notice you featured Bond themes on your show #007, yes? If that was just a coincidence, it was a great one!

A question and a request to the people preparing the show for iTunes. Would it be possible to maybe get the date or some other number near the front of the podcast title so the music player on the iPad would sort them in show order? For example, “BJS : 12-006 – Multitasking” and “BJS : 12-007 – Brian & Jill: The Musical.” Or perhaps some other system than the year and show number used in my examples? The iPad player sorts downloaded shows alphabetically by default (if that can be changed, I’m not sure where) and it’d be nice to have the option to go back and play old shows in proper order after a couple of months when it won’t necessarily be so easy to remember what was when by subject alone.

Anyway, a small request that I hope you guys will consider. Either way, I’ll keep listening and keep shopping at Amazon through the referral link.

Keep up the great work!

20. Tracy
    September 18, 2012 at 7:15 am #

I wanted to wait until the dust cleared and all I wanted to say to both of you “thank you”! Thank you for continuing to bring genuine heartfelt entertainment. Brian, since day one I have listened and cryed when it was over, but now tears of joy have replaced the sadness. Jill, all I can say “HOT” !!! I’m a 50 year old man (yes, I know … invisible to women) but DAMN you bring a great new ingredient to Brian and wonderfully enhances your show. I will be as loyal as I was with M&B, now with B&J! Thank you

Tracy …. and YES, I’m from FULLERTON !!!