BJ SHOW FIVE

Play

B&J are talking about things that get better with age, like blue jeans, pizza, t-shirts, cowboy boots, etc… and surprisingly, women are NOT on that list. Then the gang shares their favorite TV singing group.

Brian has a clip of one of his favorite comics, Brian Regan talking about his very first text message… hysterical.  Then Jill has a rare clip of Neil Diamond and Barbra Streisand playing the old game show $25,000 Pyramid.

After Jill hits What’s News, Brian shares his recently, officially confirmed  “Kind of Psychic” abilities. It’s amazing and spooky, and just a little annoying.  Next we have some listener phone calls and we play a little No Apparent Reason!

A new ongoing segment, “So, That Happened” is introduced where we share photos of odd events that happened and we ask the listeners to submit  their own “So That Happened” entries to our Facebook page and or via email to BJShow@BrianAndJillShow.com.

Follow Brian on Twitter @BrianWPhelps

Follow Jill on Twitter  @WhelanJill

HOMEWORK : THEME SONG OF THE WEEK!

Great submissions so far!

We’ll be changing the show’s theme music each week, and we’re taking your suggestions. Tell us your pick for next week’s theme song (or a specific section of a song) and we’ll announce the winner on Monday.  Leave here on the message boards, Email to BJShow@BrianAndJillShow.com,  Tweet them to @BrianAndJill1 or comment on the Facebook post.

IMAGE GALLERY

VIDEO

BRIAN REGAN – TEXTING FUN

BRITNEY SPEARS & DON PHILIP “AWKWARD” REUNION

FAVORITE TV BAND :

JILL – The Archies – “Sugar-Sugar”

KELLY – The Brady Bunch – “Sunshine Day”

KATHEE – Josie & The Pussycats – Theme Song

DONNY – The Banana Splits – Theme Song

BRIAN – The Partridge Family

Tags: , , , ,

Subscribe to the newsletter to get each episode delivered right to your mail box, all FREE!

53 Responses to “BJ SHOW FIVE”

1. Tony
    September 21, 2012 at 1:49 pm #

the orginal MASH song, with the words, not from the TV show!!!

2. Donna
    September 20, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

I am so so so glad you are back on and on the pod cast. When Mark said he was retiring I thought oh thats ok They can’t loose Brian maybe him Frank, Kelly, and Preva will do the show. Then when they announced about the other two that were taking your place I couldn’t believe it. I have a 30 min commuit in the mornings and I look forward to you two in the morning just like millions of your other listeners. These two that took your place are horriable I tried to give them a chance. I would reather listen to Bob and Tom which I HATE. So I did a search on google and found Jill and your web site. I love the pod casts!! You and Jill are great together so much fun. And I can listen to you even on the way home with NO NEWS OR COMMERCIALS. That was the only thing that i hated would be 10 min of you guys and 20 min of other crap. Jill is a wonderful partner for you.. You tow are great and I hope you can keep some of the traditions going like the christmas show I have always wanted to go. Sorry I am babbling on but again you two are GREAT!!!! Thanks for not leaving your listeners Brian and for bring us Jill.

3. Debby
    September 19, 2012 at 4:49 pm #

Great show, glad I found you and great pairing with Jill. Thanks for the laughs!!!

Song to add to your song list: Spirit In The Sky by Norman Greenbaum

She looks rode hard and put away wet, love the comment!!!!

4. Miss Jodie
    September 19, 2012 at 12:39 pm #

Loving the show – NO APPARENT REASON :) Yeah.

I have a question though, i am having some volume level issues. Brian and Jill come through loud and clear but the others are very faint so I have to play with the volume all the time. Is it my computer or something else? Any suggestions helpful Thanks

5. Wyld Blu
    September 19, 2012 at 11:16 am #

My ONLY complaint about the new Brian and Jill show is that I wish it were LONGER! Like…oh, I don’t know…4 hrs or so. :)
    LOVE IT!

6. steve
    September 19, 2012 at 4:57 am #

It’s working!!! You guys are getting more comfy and finding your umm… zing! I don’t know. Jill seems more relaxed. Brian is so talented as always through the years still just can make me laugh and laugh but Miss JIll! Miss Jill is FUNNY!! She’s more relaxed and her sense of humor is awesome too. The combination of he’s a football guy and she’s a girly girl works big time too! The 3rd female voice can get annoying, she’s no Preevah. Brian’s genius is also when to know when not to talk like when the 007 songs were playing. The ladies might have wanted to let the audience here them too instead of singing to EVERY 007 song with the recording. Geeshe! The 3rd female voice is annoying sorry to say. But Mr Professional, class act, awesome dude, Brian Phelps gives the ladies their space and lets them do what they want to do without ego. BRIAN PHELPS ROCKS!! SO DOES JILL WHELEN!!! Thanks you both for an awesome podcast! The interview with the Twilight woman was awesome too!

• steve
      September 19, 2012 at 5:00 am #

hear, not here. sorry. thanks.

7. September 18, 2012 at 6:02 pm #

Great Memories bringing back the Brady Bunch 8PM Friday Night, then Partridge Family afterwards was my Most Fav. Guilty Pleasure when I was somewhere around 13 heading to High School. If my Friends would’ve known I watched that shit, it would’ve ruined my Life. I was already very awkward at that age… However, when Marsha Brady showed up with Boobs,(however tiny titties) then it was ok to watch.. God I wanted to Fuck her, even though I didnt even know what Fucking was.. 1st BJ was 17..Loser….So Thanks B&J for being here for us!
    I miss my M&B though…Can anyone tell me how to Catch Mark & Lynda’s podcast please?

8. Squid
    September 17, 2012 at 9:53 pm #

I am LOVING the pod casts. Need to go longer but I am cracking up tonight listening to show #5 and will be listening to #6 right after. Keep the funny coming. As you know Brian I am one of the biggest fans of the M&B Show and you still have a BIG fan in me. Keep it real and keep me laughing so much I need to stop the podcast to go take a piss. Weak bladder going on roght now hahaha…..

My Favorite was the Partrige Family too. Loved all thos songs I used to drive my brother and sisters nuts bu singing the songs at the top of my voice and I cant sing for shit hahahaha

Jill, I think I love you.

9. dave
    September 17, 2012 at 9:01 pm #

why can’t we see you

10. Russell Thomas
    September 17, 2012 at 6:19 pm #

The show is coming together. Love it.. It took me a couple shows to get into it.. I’m hooked….@ Jill.. Have you been to prison or jail? If not than you know someone who has.. Come on.. Tacos in a bag..They make those in lock up.. They are called Spreads… So Ive heard.. Can you guys put captions on the photos you post? That would be helpful. Here is my theme song.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GazE8PAL-DE You can do it with a new segment for the week. Some stupid criminal that almost got away or did get away with it.. like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fKM6UyFecEwith

11. Big John
    September 17, 2012 at 3:29 pm #

I’m thinking the one Banana Split on the left has ‘camel toe’…Thank you ALL for week #1 !!!

12. Steve
    September 16, 2012 at 7:16 pm #

Carlos and Rob , Make it for real or just forget about it

13. Scott
    September 16, 2012 at 4:40 pm #

I just sent the info about The Brian and Jill Show onto Reddit.

14. MikeyD
    September 15, 2012 at 9:30 pm #

New song could be from the Disney cartoon “all the cats join in” …it’s old school like the last intro, but symbolizes all of your new listeners finding you!

15. MikeyD
    September 15, 2012 at 9:03 pm #

DON PHILIP WAS CRACKED OUT! NO WONDER HE COULDN’T PERFORM. Poor guy.

16. September 15, 2012 at 12:38 pm #

Someone pointed out to me Mark Thompsons Youtube post: Mark (Formally of Mark and Brian) vents. He appears to be VERY VERY BITTER. He appears to not like his fans very much….Wow….

• Larry W
      September 15, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

The video was Mark’s sarcastic (and some say harsh) attempt to stop M&B fans he brought over from turning his new podcast venture’s website into an M&B shrine, which it was well on it’s way to becoming. A lot of Mark’s supporters came to his defense, which was also showing a divide between Mark fans and M&B fans. Its beginning to appear The Mark & Brian Show was a marriage of convenience and the two are not so friendly with each other outside that context.

• Marjie
      September 16, 2012 at 10:57 am #

Hi Tuesday, and others down-thread–yes, Mark’s rant was harsh, but we don’t know how many thousands of posts he and Lynda have had to deal with. And Brian doesn’t need Mark’s “Atta Boy” phone call on the air: Mark is distancing himself the fastest way he can from M&B and if he calls in, the gap again narrows.I can understand his frustration, we all miss them so. It’s like when “Friends” went off the air, maybe. No one would give their new shows a chance (okay, they were mostly crap shows, never mind.)…Okay, got another example, from personal experience: my Beatles broke up. I was so upset I vowed to never buy any of their solo albums EVER that’ll show them! and I never did. And they didn’t care. It will take some time for us all to get over it, and maybe some of us never will. So let’s enjoy the new normal of computers and shorter shows and oft-maligned SWEARING! and we’ll all be able to wordlessly “ENTER” again. Happy Jewish New Year, Danny & Preva, wherever you are!

• Monsters Mom
      September 17, 2012 at 9:10 am #

Seriously dude? He was tongue in cheek. Mark is not bitter except about the fact that “we” can’t let go of Mark and Brian as a proverbial couple. He has moved on, as has Brian. Of course we all miss them together but we need to man up and accept the fact an era is over with. We need to stop bashing the replacement show (I’m one who is not a fan of theirs but whatever). Mark and Brian will always be a part of us but let them go on and be individuals with their new shows. I was at their last live show and cried with everyone. They have been too close to not remain close.

• Rick
        September 17, 2012 at 11:25 am #

Monsters Mom. With all due respect, I really don’t think Mark’s rant was tongue in cheek. I was watching his body language and facial expressions and it appeared to me that there was at least a part of him that was very serious about everything he said. The smirks and eye rolling and head nods gave me the impression that he was just really tired of having to deal with all the M&B fans and really doesn’t understand why so many people are having a tough time letting go. I think the other comments on this topic are insightful and well said, and while Mark has every right to try to distance himself from the past, I think it showed a disrespect for and a lack of understanding of who his fans were. I was really bothered by that video for that reason. It seems to me that Mark is trying very hard to prove that he can make it on his on – without the need of a partner. Of course, I could be wrong about all this and I wish everyone continued success. I think they’ve earned it.

17. September 15, 2012 at 12:19 pm #

I cannot help but NOTICE (and I think others have noticed it, too ) that Mark Thompson has never called in to wish them good luck, to goof on Brian, or to just joke around. That is SAYING VOLUMES. His silence says ALOT. WOW…..

• Ninar
      September 17, 2012 at 12:53 pm #

My gosh! No bigger fan than I, but it is over now! Brian and Jill are super and everything is going great – love the variety. Just let things take their course and look forward to good times ahead with all parties!

18. clayton
    September 15, 2012 at 10:27 am #

Love the show, just wondering if you guys can give us an update (in a few episodes maybe) on whether the amazon thing is working, because i have used it a few times and im sure others have as well, and it would be nice to know if we are doing it right. again thoroughly enjoying it, thank you

19. Brew
    September 15, 2012 at 9:02 am #

Loving the show. Wish it was more than just an hour a day. You two are great.

20. MousEarz
    September 15, 2012 at 8:51 am #

OK, that is not the Banana Splits theme song…you guys need to find “Tra la la” for that one (then everyone may remember them). Then y’all need to use the Josie & the Pussycats theme song as your music one week…just so that everyone can actually learn the lyrics. ;)

Loving the show but wish it was longer! Keep up the hilarity!

21. robert
    September 14, 2012 at 9:31 pm #

this is gonna be a morning show sometime soon,I can feel it!

22. Linda
    September 14, 2012 at 8:14 pm #

Oh God
    I forgot those songs you had on video
    I got up and danced
    I LOVE you guys!
    I will tell everyone I know to listen
    What Fun!

23. Liam
    September 14, 2012 at 7:19 pm #

“Broad Sword” calling !!!! Brian this show is where you were headed all of the years at M&B you and Jill are great together I like the format and I listened to each show and this is a keeper as you are the best at talk radio by the way the “Bob and Tom” show on KGON sucks maybe you can move to Portland some day ????

• Larry W
      September 14, 2012 at 8:43 pm #

Punctuation is free for everyone.

24. Dave K
    September 14, 2012 at 3:41 pm #

Your show is really gelling (is that a word? :-) ) Liking it better every day!

• Michael
      September 14, 2012 at 5:32 pm #

Per urbandictionary.com

1. gelling

Being on the same wavelength as someone, being mentally in-synch with someone, or working really well together.

“My GF and I were just not gelling today. She wasn’t getting any of my jokes.”

• Michael
      September 14, 2012 at 5:35 pm #

:-) .

25. Patti Goughary
    September 14, 2012 at 3:34 pm #

Great shows… #4 and #5, I could feel the love in the room and you are getting your stride together!

26. Teresa
    September 14, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

The Partridge Family and I think I love you

27. Teresa
    September 14, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

I’m with Brian on this one

28. Elana
    September 14, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

Love the show I can feel the chemistry between you two now. My only complaint is that I wish the show was longer. I NEED at least two hours, one for getting ready and one for the drive, PLEASE!!!!!!

29. September 14, 2012 at 12:42 pm #

Owl Jolson

30. pat
    September 14, 2012 at 12:17 pm #

Brian, Your Bears look like ^*&) but its early, Partridge Family Kicks the Crap out the rest of those Pretenders

31. WebPixie
    September 14, 2012 at 12:16 pm #

It would be nice to have Kelli Gates join you as the other woman in studio with you.

32. Denise
    September 14, 2012 at 11:41 am #

Hey I got an email from Mark’s website that he’ll be on talking to Sam Farmer, so I guess if I want to hear M&B again at the same time I can listen to B&J on my laptop and Mark on my cell phone with a ear plug in each ear for both! But seriously this podcast stuff is really pretty cool.

33. Michael
    September 14, 2012 at 10:08 am #

Good Morning Brian and Jill. I just wanted to tell you both that you’re doing an AMAZING job! It’s only been a week, and the show’s gelling. . . it’s like you’ve been doing this together forever.

Brian, I couldn’t agree with you more about the cold pizza, and shame on you Jill for not coming through with some day old Chuck-e-Cheese. Don’t you know that day old pizza is a lot like sex? Even when it’s bad. . . it’s still pretty good!

Keep up the great work!

34. Carol
    September 14, 2012 at 10:00 am #

Loved the show today. Keeps getting better!

P.S. – I was born in Fullerton

35. Connie
    September 14, 2012 at 9:22 am #

Skit….skit….skit….skit! Can’t wait for the first skit! =)

36. Shawn
    September 14, 2012 at 8:49 am #

Hey Guys,

Lovin’ the show, but why is it you record for 3 hours but the podcast itself is only like 58 minutes, why not all three hours?

• BJShow
      September 14, 2012 at 10:06 am #

We record for about an Hour and a Half with a break, but show prep and set up take the rest of the time.

Sandy

37. Traci Grieve
    September 14, 2012 at 8:15 am #

I am falling deeper and deeper in love! Brian and Jills spark is to die for. The staff is fabulous. Enjoying listening to this all come together so beautifully

38. September 14, 2012 at 4:45 am #

Loving the show. How about Mark one time for celebrity No Apparent Reason? Just for old time sake.

39. Lyn
    September 14, 2012 at 12:16 am #

Conversations in studio are letting us get to know Jill & staff, I love it! Jill, if you decide to run a food truck, I’m there! And who sings the news theme? Makes me laugh.

40. Regan
    September 13, 2012 at 11:15 pm #

Brian, how about them Bears???!!!!! You breathe hard on Cutler and it all comes unraveled.

41. robert
    September 13, 2012 at 11:08 pm #

gets better every show. way to go jill!

42. robert
    September 13, 2012 at 11:06 pm #

I’m listening to fridays show on thursday nite.Is that legal?